Steve Howell - Since I Saw You Last

Steve Howell - Since I Saw You Last (2010)
1 CD | EAC Rip | Flac, image + .cue, log-file | 280 Mb

There was a time when "acoustic guitar" brought to mind a duo or trio of musicians gently strumming away and creating sleepy folk music. This is the complete opposite approach of what acoustic guitar picker/singer Steve Howell specializes in -- an uptempo, fun style that manages to incorporate elements of blues and the U.S. south, as evidenced throughout his 2010 offering, Since I Saw You Last.

Having played alongside a variety of musicians since the '70s, it wasn't until the early 21st century that Howell finally set out on his own, resulting in what is his third solo effort overall (and third in a four-year span). Specializing in what is best described as a familiar yet charming style, Since I Saw You Last will appeal to fans of blues and rootsy folk -- especially such tunes as "Red Cadillac & Black Moustache," "I Won't Cry," "Wild About My Lovin'," and a cover of "Farmer John." After hearing Since I Saw You Last, you get the sense that penning memorable folk-blues tunes comes quite easy for the talented Mr. Howell.

Tracklist:

1. Downtown Blues (Stokes) [3:00]
2. Acadian Lullaby (Mize) [4:13]
3. Red Cadillac & a Black Moustache (May, Thompson) [3:16]
4. Farmer John (Harris, Terry) [3:28]
5. Charlie James (Lipscomb) [4:49]
6. I Won't Cry (LaBostrie, Ruffino) [4:07]
7. Wild About My Lovin' (Traditional) [4:53]
8. Since I Fell for You (Johnson) [4:55]
9. Easy Rider Blues [4:17]
10. Crawlin' King Snake (Besman, Hooker) [3:51]
11. Little Red Hen (Mahal) [3:35]
12. Ready for the River (Kahn, Moret) [3:18]

Download :
part 1
part 2


Or buy new CD at amazon.com